Thursday, April 4, 2013

Personal Update



I am very appreciative of the many prayers and expressions of support I have received from my readers. The journey of this last three months has been trying and also exhilarating as we have experienced the closeness of the Lord’s embrace.  

Cheryl’s surgery for breast cancer was January 9, 2013 and she will complete thirty-five radiations treatments on April 10, 2013. She has experienced some side effects from the radiation, especially fatigue, and will be glad it’s complete. To celebrate, we are going to Charleston for a few days the week after her radiation ends. Our trip will also celebrate three months since my quadruple cardiac bypass surgery on January 18, 2013.

I am about ½ ways through the cardiac rehab program which consists primarily of 45 minute aerobic exercise three days per week. I have also started back with my weight training routine at the YMCA two days per week, although it will be awhile yet before I return to my pre-surgery level of weights.

All things considered, we love our Lord, our life, our home, our community, our church, and our family & friends.

Many of you have asked about the publication of my meditations on the New Testament & Psalms. Yesterday I received the proof of the book from the publisher. It should be released within six weeks.

I plan to complete our reading of The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ on April 25, 2013 and will have some summary thoughts on Friday, April 26, 2013. Beginning Monday, April 29, 2013 I will start a new series. “When Christ thinks of me.” I believe it is essential that we stay grounded in the truth of how God sees us, which is beautifully described in this translation of Zephaniah 3: 17 by Dennis Jernigan:

 "The eternal self-existent God, the God who is three in one, He who dwells in the center of your being is a powerful, valiant warrior. He has come to set you free, to keep you safe and to bring you victory. He is cheered and He beams with exceeding joy and takes pleasure in your presence. He has engraved a place for himself in you and there He quietly rests in His love and affection for you.

He cannot contain Himself of the thought of you and with the greatest of joy spins around wildly in anticipation over you and has placed you above all other creations and in the highest place in His priorities. In fact He shouts and sings in triumph, joyfully proclaiming the gladness of His heart in a song of rejoicing.”

This is going to be fun.

Resting in His smile of affection,

\O/
Alex

No comments: