Friday, March 14, 2014

Being Obedient To God’s Truth



Friday, March 14, 2014    Being Obedient To God’s Truth
John  17: 9-19

The way John writes Jesus’ prayer suggests that he may have incorporated the prayer into his own devotional life, as well as taught others to pray Jesus’ prayer. This can be a helpful devotional practice for us as well. Take time to incorporate Jesus’ thoughts into your own prayer, and thus take ownership of Jesus’ will for you. Here is my incorporation of Jesus’ prayer in verses 13-19. (I borrowed the last paragraph from Jude 1:24-25)

“Father your Holy Spirit has given me your Word and impressed upon me the teachings of Jesus so I would be filled with his joy. I am so thankful for the joy of Jesus within my heart because I know the world hates me; I do not belong to the world, just as Jesus did not belong to the world. Father I’m not asking you to take me out of the world, but to keep me safe from the evil one.

“Father you are making me holy by your truth. Father, just as you sent Jesus into the world, Jesus is sending me into the world, so please continue teaching me your Word, so that I may be equipped with your truth.

“Jesus gave himself as a holy sacrifice for me and made me holy by your truth. Now, with your anointing, I seek to glorify you and your Son, Christ Jesus, by being obedient to your truth.

“Now all glory to you Father, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone is God, my Savior through Jesus Christ my Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.”

Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com. The BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription.

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188.

No comments: