Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Lord, I Give You My Heart



August 5, 2015
Lord, I Give You My Heart

Fear of the Lord is a life-giving fountain;
it offers escape from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27

The only thing I know for certain about the alternative to eternal life with God, is that it is eternal without the presence of God. I have experienced enough of new life in Christ to know that I do not want to experience a Christ-less eternity. For me, the fear of God is the recognition that there will be a final judgement, and God’s verdict therein will determine a person’s eternal destiny: with Christ, or without Christ.

As we work out the meaning of our existence, we are making choices that will determine God’s judgement of our lives. For me, the fear of God is also the recognition that God’s love is so pure that He respects the choices we make. Working out the meaning of our existence is made even more complicated because we have an enemy, the great adversary of God, who comes only to steal and kill and destroy. (John 10:10) Over and against the work of our enemy Jesus has promised us abundant life, and he has told us that our entrance into his abundant life is through loving “the Lord (our) God with all (our) heart, all (our) soul, all (our) strength, and all (our) mind” (Luke 10:27a).

These two attributes of life will lead us into a Christ-filled eternity: a healthy fear of God and a life seeking only to please the one who gave himself for us. Let’s sing to him:

This is my desire
To honor You
Lord with all my heart
I worship You
All I have within me
I give You praise
All that I adore is in You

Lord, I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for You alone
Every breath I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord, have Your way in me
"Lord I Give You My Heart"
Narada Michael Walden, Sunny Hilden

Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com. The BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription.

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188.

No comments: