Thursday, October 27, 2016

Even More Exceedingly Than You Can Imagine



October 27, 2016
Even More Exceedingly Than You Can Imagine

Night and day we pray earnestly for you, asking God to let us see you again to fill the gaps in your faith.
1 Thessalonians 3:10

“We pray earnestly . . .” The literal translation of the Greek would render that phrase, “We pray even more exceedingly than you can imagine.” Reading that, I was immediately convicted. I can’t describe my prayer life that way. This deficiency begs the question, “What is it about my vision of God that is allowing me to be satisfied with something less?”

I know God has been working in me to deepen my life of prayer. (As Paul so often reminds me, “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.” Philippians 2:13) Last year I focused on contemplative prayer, and now I am taking a course in Celtic Spirituality. I am finding an awakening in my spirit to the prayers and music of the Celtic tradition. As I keep on seeking the life of Christ as my way of life, I trust God will give me the discernment to know what is it about my vision of God that is allowing me to be satisfied with something less than praying earnestly.

How about you? Are you satisfied with something less than praying even more exceedingly than can be imagined for those within your circle?

Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com. The BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription.

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: