Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Jesus, Friend Forever


May 8, 2018
Jesus, Friend Forever

For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.
Romans 8:16

I have a yearning to hear the voice of Jesus. Interestingly, I know what I’ll hear, and I’m ready to hear it. I just need to carve out a time and place where I can sit quietly and listen for the voice of Jesus.

Lately, I have felt battered by the cacophony of voices vying for my attention. Recently, I received news that a neighbor had cardiac surgery. I prayed for my friend, but I also remembered the fear and pain I experienced five years ago when I traveled this same road. I never will outgrow my need for quiet time with Jesus, my friend forever.

I know what his voice will say to me. I know he has been trying to be heard over the cacophony, but I’ve been too consumed with self to hear him.  But as soon as I find my quiet place, I’ll hear him say, “Alex, I am here. I have been calling you, but you haven't been listening.  Alex, friend forever, I love you. You are my beloved.”

My Takeaway: I need to hear these affirmations from Jesus, over and over again. This is the air I breathe, his holy presence living in me. This is my daily bread, his word spoken to me. And I'm desperate for him. And I'm lost without Jesus, my friend forever. (Inspiration from: Breathe, by Marie Barnett, and What A Friend I've Found, DELIRIOUS)

Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com. The BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription.

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188.

No comments: