Tuesday, April 5, 2022

God Cares for You

Meditations in the Season of Lent 

April 5, 2022

God Cares for You

And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

1 Peter 5:4

Read: 1 Peter 5:1-7

Paul calls us to “have the same mindset as Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 2:5) Peter takes that same insight in today’s reading as he lifts Jesus up as the Chief Shepherd and urges his followers to have the same qualities as Jesus. We are called to served, with humility, and to submit to those with leadership responsibilities in the church.

When I read about submitting to authority, I recall a visit to the Museum of Westward Expansion, at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. The museum has a quote from the journal of Lansford W. Hastings, an Overlander, in the exhibit:

‘We had proceeded only a few days travel, when the American character was fully exhibited. All appeared to be determined to govern, but not to be governed.”

Such is human nature, and a part of our nature we must submit to God for redemption.

My Takeaway: As I seek the life in Christ as my way of life, I always strive to “worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.” (Hebrews 12:28b-29) I believe this is an achievable goal when I keep in mind Peter’s assurance that I can cast all my anxiety on God because God cares for me. (v.7) And He cares for you too! 

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2022 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: