Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sacre Coeur

Sacre Coeur

 

In my meditation for June 1, 2023, I wrote I would be in Paris on June 3, and I planned to visit Sacre Coeur Basilica, The Basilica of the Sacred Heart. Since my hospital stay with a heart ailment one year ago, I had a longing to return to Sacre Coeur to thank the Lord for my healing. I have mentioned in other meditations, that I have been experiencing a Eucharistic revival in my spiritual journey the last three years. So, I also had a deep longing to share the Eucharist with Cheryl at Sacre Coeur. Our pastor helped us by including an extra portion of the sacramental elements in our church’s Holy Communion service on May 21, 2023, so we would have consecrated elements to take with us.

On arrival at Sacre Coeur, we first prayed for dear friends who are seriously ill. We then moved to the Chapel of Saint Joseph where we were able to kneel, pray appropriate sections of the communion liturgy, and to receive Holy Communion.

It was a blessed experience. As soon as we concluded our service, the morning Mass began and we were able to spend time sitting with the congregation soaking in the ambiance of this beautiful sanctuary, and for me, to prayerfully ask God to continue His work of fitting all the broken and dislocated pieces of my life together in a vibrant harmony that brings glory to my Blessed Savior. (Colossians 1:20)

Our visit to Sacre Coeur was very spiritually nourishing for me, thanks be to God.

(If you are not familiar with Sacre Coeur, I encourage you to Google it to see photos of her amazing beauty.)

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2023 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

 

 

No comments: