Monday, April 8, 2024

No Place Like Home

Meditations for Ragamuffins

April 8, 2024

No Place Like Home

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:23 

Cheryl and I love our home. I could go on and on about the joy we’ve had in remodeling and decorating our home. Without even a smidgen of hyperbole, at least once per day, one of us will comment on how much we love our home. The mountain ambiance is stunning and contributes greatly to our love affair with our home. However, the core of our love affair with our home is not so much the bricks and mortar, or the setting. We have come to that glorious place where we are at peace with ourselves. We love who we are, and where we are in life. This place of tranquility is made possible because God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit first made their home within us.

The Apostle Paul said this was one of the greatest mysteries of the Christian faith: “Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27). The very moment you give your life to God through faith in Christ, God moves into your heart. However, it has taken me years to grasp the reality of this truth, and to yield myself to being redecorated and remodeled from within by the Master Architect of the universe, Christ Jesus. More and more, I am realizing the almost incomprehensible magnitude of the psalmist’ simple statement, “Be still, and know that I am God!” (Psalm 46:10). Only by my being still in the presence of Abba can I begin to plumb the depths of what it means to have Christ within me, my hope of glory. The more I allow this reality to take hold of me, the less my soul is troubled by anything.

John 14 is so very rich in blessings from Jesus. For me, where I am now, perhaps the greatest of those blessings is, “and we will come to them and make our home with them.”

 My Takeaway: Abba Father at home with me. Christ in me, my hope of glory.

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2024 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

 

No comments: