Thursday, December 5, 2013

This week Christmas came early to our house.



Over the last year Cheryl and I have been so blessed by the many expressions of love and support as we journeyed through our medical issues and I want to share our good news with you. On Monday, one year after her cancer had been detected, Cheryl had a mammogram and the results were excellent. She is cleared for another six months and if the next exam is clear she will return to an annual schedule.

Tuesday I had my ten month check up with my cardiologist and all four of my bypasses are working perfectly and I am free of coronary artery disease. I still have a few issues relating to the surgery, but all in all I am doing very well.

I am also celebrating that my daily meditations are now reaching well over one thousand people each month through my BLOG, email, Facebook and Twitter. Thank you for your encouragement and support. The Lord is using this ministry to fan the fires that burned in me during my thirty-two years preaching every week, and for that I am very, very grateful because,

“But if I say I’ll never mention the Lord
    or speak in his name,
his word burns in my heart like a fire.
    It’s like a fire in my bones!
I am worn out trying to hold it in!
    I can’t do it!”
Jeremiah 20:9

(Today I concluded my series on Go (Galatians) Eat (Ephesians) Pop (Philippians) Corn (Colossians). Tomorrow I will begin a series on the Gospel of John.

Selah,
Alex & Cheryl Knight 

No comments: