Thursday, April 13, 2017

Forget the U-Haul



April 13, 2017
Forget the U-Haul

But as for me, God will redeem my life.
    He will snatch me from the power of the grave. Selah
Psalm 49:15

You have never seen a U-Haul attached to a hearse, because, as the psalmist says, when we die, we take none of our earthly wealth with us. But those who die in Christ take all that truly matters with them: eternal life. For many people, all that this mortal life offers is sufficient. These people strive to make the most of this life, because they believe there is nothing beyond the grave. Some Christians try to convince them otherwise, by scaring them with visions of eternal punishment awaiting them for their failure to serve God in their mortal life. When I read the Gospels, I don’t find Jesus scaring people into heaven. I find Jesus offering a never-ending love that surrounds a person in this life and in a new eternal life.

I have been with many people at their time of death, and I have found there is a discernible difference between those who are resting in their faith and those who have no faith in God. Jesus Christ has conquered death and has promised his followers that, “When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am” (John 14:3). This truth enables us to lift our voices with glad hearts and sing, 

Because he lives,
I can face tomorrow;
because he lives,
all fear is gone;
because I know
he holds the future,
and life is worth the living
just because he lives.
Bill & Gloria Gaither



Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: