Thursday, April 20, 2017

You Are Not Alone



April 20, 2017
You Are Not Alone

Come with great power, O God, and rescue me!
    Defend me with your might.
Listen to my prayer, O God.
    Pay attention to my plea.
Psalm 54:1-2

The Apostle Paul describes King David as “a man about whom God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart” (Acts 13:22, 1 Samuel 13:14). I believe that description is a reference to David’s personal relationship with God. From his youth, in the solitude of a shepherd, David lived with the belief that God was greater than any crisis he faced. David’s faith led him to live with an expectation that in the midst of a crisis God would act, that he would experience the presence of God. This faith guided David in the shepherd’s fields and the time he faced Goliath, as well as when he was being pursued by King Saul.

Psalm 54 models how, when faced with a crisis, David responded by calling out to God for help. His prayer included an affirmation of his faith and a commitment of faithfulness to, and worship of his God. Whatever crisis you may be facing, you are not alone. God wants you to expect Him to come to your assistance. God wants you to experience His presence, even in the valley of the shadow of death.  You can respond to your crisis with a prayer of faith and with a commitment to worship. Then rest in the assurance of God’s love for you and sing with the psalmist,

I will praise your name, O Lord,
for it is good.
For you have rescued me from my troubles
and helped me to triumph over my enemies.
Psalm 54:6b-7

Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: