Thursday, September 14, 2017

My Life Matters To God



September 14, 2017
My Life Matters To God

And this is the message I proclaim—that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone’s secret life.
Romans 2:16
Read: Romans 2:12-16

There is a lot going on in this short passage, and parts are difficult for me to completely understand. Even so, I find great comfort is Paul’s assertion in verse sixteen, quoted above. Paul is saying everyone will stand equally before God’s Throne of Judgement. This means that the Jews will not be favored, because they had the Ten Commandments, over the Gentiles who did not have God’s law. Actually, the Ten Commandments didn’t do the Jews, or the Christians, much good since both peoples failed to keep God’s law.

So you are probably wondering where my comfort is in this passage, knowing we all sin and we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. (Romans 3:23) My comfort is in knowing “God does not show favoritism” (Romans 2:11). My comfort is also because I peeked ahead in the story and know that on that fateful day of my judgement I’ll have a very good lawyer. Have you met him? His name is Jesus!

My Takeaway: My life matters to God. Every one of my life’s choices has consequences, and they all matter to God. My I have that awareness today before I make my choices.


Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

Copyright © 2017 by Alex M. Knight

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: