Tuesday, December 25, 2018

He Remembered Us In Our Weakness


December 25, 2018
He Remembered Us In Our Weakness

This will be a sign for you:
you will find a child wrapped in bands of cloth
and lying in a manger.”
Luke 2:12 (NRSV)

Several days ago, I suggested you read and meditate on the supremacy of Christ in Colossians 1:15-20. In just the first few verses, the Apostle Paul affirms Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. Jesus is supreme over all creation; through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. Jesus holds all creation together.

Jesus, who is Supreme over all, entered our world not through power or pomp and circumstance. Jesus came in the way of weakness, vulnerability, and dependency on others. On a dark night, in a cold and drafty cave, God in Christ, who always was and always will be supreme over all, was presented to humankind as a helpless God in Christ who calls us to come close to him.

I struggle throughout the year to draw close to God by exercising discipline, practicing discipleship, and by maturing into a strong-in-faith, fully-devoted follower of Jesus. I so need Christmas to remind me, “He remembered us in our weakness. His faithful love endures forever” (Psalm 136:23 NLT).

My Takeaway: Like the Apostle Paul, each time I petition the Lord for strength, I hear Him reply, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”  By His grace, may I also embrace my weakness as did Paul, “Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me” (2 Corinthians 12:9b).

Sē’lah
Alex

<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com. The BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription.

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments: