Friday, November 29, 2019

Prepare for the Master's Return


Meditations based on readings from
The Story of My Life As Told by Jesus Christ


Note: I will take a break from my meditations on The Story of My Life As Told by Jesus Christ during December to present meditations with an Advent theme. I will return to The Story of My Life As Told by Jesus Christ on January 2, 2020.

November 29, 2019
Prepare for the Master's Return
Page 200
Luke 12: 33-48

Jesus’ instructions about staying alert and being ready are very similar to the instructions Moses gave the people of God. In the original exodus, Moses instructed the people to be fully dressed, packed, and ready to travel, as they prepared their first Passover meal. (Exodus 12:11) Jesus is teaching his followers to be prepared for the events in Jerusalem that will surround his exodus. Jesus isn’t teaching the disciples about the end of time or the second coming of the Messiah. He is instructing his followers how to live in the here and now.

Why should we be so disciplined to maintain such a state of alertness and readiness? First, Jesus is teaching us that this is the fruit of an abiding relationship with our loving, caring, life-giving Heavenly Father. Secondly, continued awareness of this relationship is at the heart of living the life in Christ. If our ambition is to make the life in Christ our way of life, living out of the truth of our core identity as the beloved children of God is our primary focus, 24/7.

My Takeaway: “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.” (John 10:27-30) Our assurance that we are safe in our Father’s hand is our willingness to obey when we hear his voice calling us to stay alert and be prepared for the return of Jesus in final victory.

Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com. The BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription.

Copyright © 2019 by Alex M. Knight

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

  • Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

  • The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: