Monday, September 21, 2020

Jesus Heals Blind Bartimaeus

Meditations of the Gospel of Mark

September 21, 2020

Jesus Heals Blind Bartimaeus

“What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked.

Mark 10:51

Read: Mark 10: 46-52

We all have blind spots in our lives, places where we are still caught up in self-centeredness. Blind Bartimaeus believed Jesus was the Messiah, that’s why he called out to Jesus as Son of David. Bartimaeus knew Jesus could heal his condition. Jesus affirmed his faith and Bartimaeus left his blindness behind him as he followed Jesus to Jerusalem.

What if Jesus is passing by us today. Do we have faith that Jesus is the Messiah sent by God to make us whole?  Do we have faith that Jesus, the Messiah sent by God, is calling us to follow him?

When we hear Jesus asking us “What do you want me to do for you?” how will we respond? What will we tell him?

My Takeaway: I can come up with a long list of things I think I need Jesus to do for me, to make me whole, as I understand whole. But today, I sense Jesus simply wants me to witness to the love of God in my community so that those to whom God is a stranger will find in me a generous friend.

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com. The BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription.

Copyright © 2020 by Alex M. Knight

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

 Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

 The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

 Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: