Thursday, June 17, 2021

Faith and Love

Meditations on 1 Thessalonians

 

June 17, 2021

Faith and Love

 

But now Timothy has just returned, bringing us good news about your faith and love.

1 Thessalonians 3:6a

Read: 1 Thessalonians 3:6-10

 

Paul had been experiencing great difficulties. Yet, in the midst of his trying circumstances, he found joy and encouragement because his friends in Thessalonica were standing firm in the faith. Paul said it even gave him new life to know that they are standing firm in the Lord. This is a perspective on Kingdom living that I find almost completely missing in churches in the USA. I know some churches routinely pray for other congregations, but in my experience, I rarely hear the name of another church mentioned. And it is more than just mentioning another congregation. News from the Thessalonians was life transforming for Paul. I believe God wants us to have this kind of connection within the Body of Christ.

 

Even though Paul received a good report about the faith and love within the Thessalonian church, he knew they were still a work in progress, that there were gaps in their faith. I too am a work in progress. I too have gaps in my faith.

 

My Takeaway: I am writing this on the day after I finished participating in a Bible Study on the Book of Ruth. As we concluded this study, I was longing for more. I know I need to keep filling in the gaps in my faith. How about you?

 

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2021 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

 

No comments: