Monday, June 28, 2021

Paul’s Final Greetings

 Meditations on 1 Thessalonians

June 28, 2021

Paul’s Final Greetings

Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again. God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Read: 1 Thessalonians 5: 23-28

Maybe on first reading, Paul’s closing words seem perfunctory, just a way to sign off on his letter. However, I see every bit as much substance in this closing as is in the entire letter.

First, the opening two verses are sufficient to give me pause to ponder the direction of my life. Do I truly have an anticipation that God is making me holy in every way? Am I truly aware that God who called me is so faithful to me that He is working to make my entire life blameless as I look forward to the return of Christ in Final Victory?

Other points to ponder:

·         Am I as quick to ask for prayer as was Paul? (v.25)

·         Do I experience a sense of intimacy in my relationships within the Body of Christ? (v.26)

·         Am I continually aware that the authority to discharge the responsibilities of my calling come from Christ Jesus? (v.27)

My Takeaway: And may I always be like Paul and conclude my time with believers with an appropriate benediction:

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. (v. 28)          

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2021 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

 

No comments: