Thursday, May 26, 2022

So Run To Win!

Meditations in First Corinthians

May 26, 2022

So Run To Win!

I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

1 Corinthians 9:27

Read: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

I recently read a news article concerning an international conference of denominations that are affiliated with the Anglican Church. The Bishop of the Anglican Church in North America sent a response declining his invitation to participate in this conference. In his response he stated that if the conference was inviting those who are living in immorality, the ACNA will not participate in the Conference. “We have not agreed to ‘walk together.’ There are some things that we simply cannot agree to disagree on, and the biblical truth about human sexuality is one of those things.”

I believe Paul would say yes and amen to that statement. Paul’s closing words, “Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified” are haunting. If Paul, was concerned that he could possibly be disqualified from being with Jesus when he comes again in final victory, then I too should have such awareness. Let me be clear. I believe Jesus has a firm grip on me, and he will do all in his power to assure I am with him in his Kingdom. But I must do my part and clinging to God’s Word is essential to me doing my part.

My Takeaway: Paul’s analogous statements about running a race and training as an athlete, remind me of his statement to Timothy: “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.” (2 Timothy 4:7) I pray that I shall be so determined to finish the assignment the Lord has given to me. Will you join me in this prayer?

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2022 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. 

No comments: