Wednesday, June 22, 2022

The Resurrection of Christ

Meditations in First Corinthians

June 22, 2022

The Resurrection of Christ 

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me has not been in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:10a (NRSV)

Read: 1 Corinthians 15:1-11

Chapter 15 is one of the most important of all of Paul’s writings. He begins with affirming the resurrection of Jesus, which is the foundation upon which everything in the New Testament church rests. As we continue our journey with Paul, we will see that he believes the world can never be the same again after the resurrection of Jesus. Those who believe in Jesus’ resurrection, and fashion their lives by this truth, will never be the same either.

In verses 3-9, Paul underscores the importance of this foundation: Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day. He was seen by Peter, the Twelve, by more than 500 of his followers, he was seen by James and later by all the apostles. Paul also saw him. Paul wanted to be perfectly clear in asserting that Jesus was alive!

My Takeaway: Paul then testified how his belief in the resurrection of Jesus had changed his life: “By the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace towards me has not been in vain” (I Corinthians 15:10a NRSV). I often come home to this verse as my personal testimony.

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2022 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: