Friday, June 24, 2022

The Resurrection of the Dead

Meditations in First Corinthians

June 24, 2022

The Resurrection of the Dead 

But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

1 Corinthians 15:23

Read: 1 Corinthians 15:20-28

We will stay in chapter 15 until June 29 because it is so important. I mentioned on Monday that recently my church concluded a study of the Nicene Creed with a discussion of our resurrection and life in the World to come. We looked often to chapter 15 to help us grasp the importance of this affirmation that is both the Nicene and Apostles’ Creeds. A few years ago, I was teaching a Sunday School class on the Apostles’ Creed. When we got to the phrase, “I believe in the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting,” I asked the class what they thought this phrase meant. There was a near unanimous response that the phrase was referring to the resurrection of Jesus. Yes, Jesus is resurrected, but this phrase in the creed refers to our resurrection.

While Paul expounds on the coming again of the resurrected Jesus, in Final Victory to establish the Kingdom of God on earth, my focus this morning is on the verse quoted above” “. . . then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.” I encourage you read and mediate on verses 20-23 and receive God’s encouragement for your life today, and your life in the world to come

My Takeaway: As I noted yesterday, my faith rests in one basket: the resurrection of Jesus. Integral to my faith is my belief that I too will be resurrected.

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2022 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: