Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 My Disciples Could Not Heal



The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
Tuesday, January 01, 2013          My Disciples Could Not Heal       
Page 144-145         Matthew 17:14-21; Mark 9:14-29; Luke 9:37-43a

A large crowd was waiting for Jesus when he descended from the mountain. A man in the crowd knelt at Jesus’ feet and appealed to Jesus to heal his demon possessed son because his disciples had not been able to help the boy. Jesus rebuked his disciples for their lack of faith, then, encouraged them to have small faith. Little faith? Small faith? What’s the difference?

Little faith is how Jesus refers to a divided life. It is a life more focused on obstacles, than on the promises of God. A mustard seed may be small in size, but it is completely committed on being a mustard seed. Jesus wants me to have faith that is centered completely on God, with an unwavering belief that nothing will prevent the fulfillment of God’s will. Mustard seed faith is grounded in the life of Christ within me.

The highest goal for followers of Jesus is to “Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 2:5). When we begin to approach that goal, our attitudes change, we begin to see and think differently, we begin to pray differently.

When my prayers seek to nurture the life of Christ within me, God affirms to me that “by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace towards me has not been in vain” (1 Corinthians 15:10).

When my prayers seek to nurture the life of Christ within me, God encourages me to “be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain” (1 Corinthians 15:58).

When my prayers seek to nurture the life of Christ within me, God’s gift to me is faith that empowers me to fulfill God’s will for my life.

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><
What word or phrase in today’s reading attracts your attention?
Reflect on that word or phrase.
What insights come to you?
How does this passage touch your life today?
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are available by email. Contact me at Amkrom812@gmail.com to be added to the email list.
This BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription


The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
Wednesday, January 02, 2013     I Predicted My Death        
Page 145      Matthew 17:22-27; Mark 9:30-32; Luke 9:43b-45

No comments: