Wednesday, March 13, 2024

I Am Well on My Way

Meditations for Ragamuffins 

March 13, 2024

I Am Well on My Way

I have fought the good fight,

I have finished the race,

I have kept the faith

2 Timothy 4:7 

“For the joy set before him . . .” is how the writer of Hebrews explained Jesus’ motivation through life (Hebrews 12:2). As the Apostle Paul realized the end of his life was in sight, he pronounced his own benediction, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” Put these two thoughts together, and we have a solid foundation from which to seek the life in Christ as our way of life. With this foundation, I live with the awareness that God is working in me, giving me the desire and the power to do what pleases him.  (Philippians 2:13)

I also live my life with the awareness that the Holy Spirit, my constant companion, and guide, is identifying the areas of my life he knows needs adjusting. While we all have areas in our lives that need work, places where we need to mature in our faith, there are several parts of my life that I hope the Holy Spirit will not need to correct. Here are just a few.

I hope the Holy Spirit does not find me lukewarm, because I’d rather he criticizes me for being too emotional, than not emotional enough. I hope the Holy Spirit doesn’t find in me a puny passion, because I’d rather he criticizes me for being too passionate for Jesus, than for a faith that goes along to get along. I hope the Holy Spirit will find good reason to affirm me for the cheerful generosity of my giving, rather than noting me as stingy or miserly.

My Takeaway: I hope the Holy Spirit observes that I am fighting the good fight, that I am well on my way to finishing the race, and I am remaining faithful. How about you?

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2024 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: