Monday, March 25, 2024

Jesus Is The Way, The Truth And The Life

Holy Week 2024 

March 25, 2024

Monday of Holy Week

 Jesus Is The Way, The Truth And The Life

 

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.

No one can come to the Father except through me.

John  14:6

Read: John 14:1-14

In Jesus, the Glory of God has been revealed. In Jesus, we see the heart of God the Father. Jesus, as the revealed Glory of God, washed the feet of his disciples, loved his disciples, and was the Passover Lamb who took away the sins of the world. Jesus is the revealed Glory of God. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Jesus shows us the way home to paradise, the way home to God our Father. Jesus and God the Father are one.

Therefore, because of all that Jesus is, he can make the most comforting promise in the Bible: “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am” (John 14:1-3).

For me, this promise is the tipping point for my response to all the claims Jesus has made on my life. My fidelity to Jesus’ command to go and make disciples rests on this promise. My willingness to entrust my life to God so that He can use everything in my life for His purpose of transforming me to become like Jesus depends on how deeply Jesus’ promise resonates within soul.

Jesus put his personal guarantee on this promise by his passion, death, and resurrection which we celebrate every time we receive the sacrament of Holy Communion. As we begin our Holy Week meditations, our focus is on this promise Jesus made in the first Holy Week. 

My Takeaway: Is this promise of Jesus’ to you sufficient to earn your unconditional, unqualified obedience?

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2024 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: