Thursday, March 7, 2024

My Epiphany’s

Meditations for Ragamuffins 

March 7, 2024

My Epiphany’s

Since we are living by the Spirit,

 let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.

Galatians 5:25 

The word epiphany means a manifestation and the Christian season of Epiphany, beginning on January 6 and continuing to Ash Wednesday, reflects on how Jesus was revealed as the Son of God. The Apostle Paul in his first epistle to the Corinthian church, affirms that his life was about living the reality of the Epiphany of Jesus: “For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2).

Do you think it is possible for us to live like Paul? Can every day be a personal day of Epiphany for us? Can we go about all of the activities and interactions of each day with a consciousness that Jesus Christ is our life, and his Spirit is leading every part of our lives? We may not yet be so spiritually mature, but clearly this was Paul’s ambition for our lives. Although his words can certainly seem like hyperbole, I think he was quite serious in wanting all the followers of Jesus to be like-minded as he when he wrote:

“We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ . . . For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.  And since we died with Christ, we know we will also live with him” (Romans 6:6-8).


“This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

 

“My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).

My Takeaway: My mission in life is to live each day in the light of my personal epiphany – that I am a new creation in Christ:

“Let your bearings towards one another arise out of your life in Christ Jesus”

Philippians 2:5 (NEB 1961)

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2024 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: