Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Puzzling Reflections in a Mirror



January 13, 2016
Puzzling Reflections in a Mirror

Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.
1 Corinthians 13:12

The sun room in our house has floor to ceiling windows on three sides. The previous owners, who had the room built, added dark film to the windows and then hung shades over the windows. Our first modification to the house when we purchased it was to remove the dark film and shades, and let the light shine in!

An interesting phenomenon occurs during the winter when the temperature and humidity differential between inside and out is just right. The windows fog, and interestingly, the cloudiness follow the exact pattern of where the dark film was previously attached to the windows. As I observed this a few days ago, I thought about Paul’s words in 1 Corinthians 13:12, “Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror . . .” I know the beautiful view of trees and birds flocking to my feeders is just beyond the cloudy windows, but sometimes I can’t see them. Sometimes our feelings, our past baggage of emotional hurts, block our view of the truth of who we are in Christ. For this reason, it is essential to our well-being that we are grounded in the truth of God’s word, and that we can quickly recall “go-to” scriptures that affirm our right-standing with God, our Abba Father.

The other morning when the windows were foggy, I was blessed to be preparing to teach on Colossians 1 which includes many “go-to” verses, not the least of which are:

“This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.”
Colossians 1:21-22
Emphasis Mine

Some days I may not be able to see myself as my Abba sees me: nevertheless, His truth remains: I am holy, blameless and without a single fault as I stand before His glorious throne. Hallelujah!!!!

 Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com. The BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription.

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188.

No comments: