Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Am I Lost Without Him?



April 27, 2016
Am I Lost Without Him?

We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us. 
The night is coming, and then no one can work.
John 9:4

Recently I read an article about Harriet Tubman, who will soon appear on the $20 bill. She was an escaped slave who rose to become a famous abolitionist, Underground Railroad leader, and social reformer. I urge you to read her story at this link:


Ms. Tubman was a deeply spiritual Methodist woman who took seriously Jesus’ call to quickly carry out the tasks assigned to her by the one who sent her. She knew the night was coming when no one can work. I pray that you will have many occasions to hold the new $20 bill, and each and every time you gaze at her face I pray you will be inspired to seize the day and work diligently at the tasks assigned to you by Jesus.

I also hope you will join me in taking time to consider just how closely we are following Jesus. We say we are seeking the life of Christ as our way of life, but are we really? Saint Paul described his life as living, moving and existing in Christ. (Acts 17:28) Is that a fair description of our lives? It is not God’s will that we would season our life with Christ, as though we were adding salt and pepper to our evening meal. It is God’s will that Christ become our life!

In contemporary worship settings, Marie Barnett’s song, Breathe, is very popular. I love the song, but today I feel pressed to ask myself, “Am I really desperate for God? Is He really the air I breathe? How lost am I?”

Breathe
This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence living in me
This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your very word spoken to me
And I I'm desperate for you
And I I'm lost without you

©1995 Mercy / Vineyard Publishing
Words and Music by Marie Barnett

Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com. The BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription.

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: