Saturday, July 9, 2011

2 Corinthians 9:1 – 10:6

July 9, 2011

Yesterday I noted that our giving to God begins in our heart as we remember God’s gift to us in Christ Jesus. It is also vitally important for us to look to the future and have a vision of how God can use the gift. As an example, some years ago I listed in the church bulletin a need for scholarships to send our youth to summer camp. One of the pledges was for a ½ scholarship made by a single woman who I knew earned barely enough to get by. I asked her what motivated her to make the pledge and she responded, “The most important decision in my life was made when I was sixteen and attending church camp. I hope my gift will help someone encounter God like I did.”

She willingly and lovingly made a sacrificial gift because she had a vision of what God could do with her gift.

What does today’s reading reveal to you about God?
What does it reveal to you about yourself?
Think about what God wants you to do or remember about this passage.

Does God want you to change anything in your life?

No comments: