Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Seeking the Life in Christ

I began a journey on April 25, 2011 to read the New Testament in one year. I completed the journey yesterday.  As you have read the New Testament along with me I know you have been encouraged by God as you have experienced the Holy Spirit speaking to you as you read. Your journaling in response to the questions at the end of each of the daily readings has allowed you to go deep into God’s Word as you seek to apply it to your daily lives. It is my hope and prayer this experience will continue to be renewed in your devotional life. Several of my readers have told me they intend to begin reading the New Testament again, but this time in a different Bible translation. That’s an excellent plan.

What’s next for my BLOG? I will continue to post a daily message relating to our life in grace and beginning May 1, 2012, I will be reading the Book of Psalms. The Psalms are where Jesus went for meditation and prayer. If you want to pray like Jesus, learn to pray the Psalms. Perhaps more than any other place in the Old Testament, Jesus is revealed in the Psalms. One of my main goals in this devotional reading of the Psalms is to look for the revelation of Jesus.  

I will post my daily devotion as I read through the Book of Psalms.

Also, my BLOG will continue to be available by subscription through Amazon Kindle.

It has been a joy for me to be in dialog with my readers as together we read the New Testament. I look forward to continuing our dialog as we journey through the Book of Psalms. 

Selah,
 
Pastor Alex Knight
Christ Church
Bradenton, Florida


No comments: