Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday, March 21, 2013



The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
Thursday, March 21, 2013 My Final Words About the Kingdom 
Part 1: Parable of the Ten Bridesmaids         
Page 250      Matthew 25: 1-13

In our reading yesterday, Jesus told us God will fulfill his promises to make all things right at the end of this present age. Jesus said our mission is to be prepared for the return of the Messiah. To emphasize this, Jesus brings his teaching about the coming Kingdom of God to a climax in a series of four parables: the parable of The Wise and Faithful Servant, the parable of The Bridesmaids, the parable of The Talents, and the parable of The Sheep and Goats. Our reading for today is the parable of The Bridesmaids.

I have a friend who grew up in a very strict church. The church took just about everything in the Bible literally, and they had a long list of things not to do, such as no movies, dancing, drinking, etc.  He said every time he left the house he could remember his mother saying, “Be careful what you do. If Jesus comes tonight you don’t want him to catch you at the movie theater.”

Whatever Jesus had in mind when he gave these end times parables, I believe my friend’s church missed the point; that is not what Jesus had in mind for us. However Jesus’ final words to the foolish bridesmaids echo his words in the Sermon on the Mount: “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven… But I will reply, ‘I never knew you” (Matthew 7: 21-23). Obviously Jesus wants us to take him seriously. What then is his point in this parable?

I believe Jesus is making the point in this parable that every day is Game Day, and I must stay prepared. This is not a parable about whether I can lose my right standing with God. This parable is a reminder that Jesus’ invitation to come into the Kingdom of God is an invitation to willingly submit to the rule of God in my life, each and every day.

I would do well to model my life after the Apostle Paul, so I too can say, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful”
(2 Timothy 4: 6-8).


Sē’lah


<><  <><  <><  <><
What word or phrase in today’s reading attracts your attention?
Reflect on that word or phrase.
What insights come to you?
How does this passage touch your life today?
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  In addition to this BLOG they are distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com. The BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription

The second edition of my book, First Think – Then Pray has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGQL5JC



The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
Friday, March 22, 2013      My Final Words About the Kingdom 
Part 2: Parable of the Three Servants 
Page 250-251         Matthew 25: 14-30

No comments: