Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Freedom of God’s Grace



October 10, 2017
The Freedom of God’s Grace

Throw yourselves wholeheartedly and full-time—remember, you’ve been raised from the dead!—into God’s way of doing things.
Romans 6:13b (MSG)
Read: Romans 6:12-14

Paul closed this passage with a statement that I always want to keep close to my heart and mind: “. . . you live under the freedom of God’s grace” (Romans 6:14b). Remember how Paul used the word ‘reckon’ in the previous passage? (Romans 6:6-11) Reckoning reveals what is already true. What is already true for those seeking the life in Christ as their way of life is that we are a new creation in Christ Jesus. We have died to our old way of living and have been raised with Christ to live a life of faith in God’s way of doing things. What is already true is that the same power that raised Jesus from the dead is at work within the life of the disciples of Christ. It is that power of the Holy Spirit that Paul referred to when he wrote, “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him” (Philippians 2:13).

My Takeaway: What is already true is that I am altogether different person than I was before I knew of God’s love for me in Christ Jesus. What is not yet quite true is that the life I live today fully reveals who I am in Christ. Two words in the passage quoted above leap off the page to me: wholeheartedly and full-time. Christ offers me a life of living under the freedom of God’s grace. Why do I respond halfheartedly and only part-time? I need to do some serious pondering on this!

Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

Copyright © 2017 by Alex M. Knight

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: