Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Where The Name Of Christ Has Never Been Heard



November 28, 2017
Where The Name Of Christ Has Never Been Heard

My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than where a church has already been started by someone else.
Romans 15:20
Read: Romans 15:14-24

It has been my experience that pastoral and lay leadership of churches can be divided into three broad categories. The first is a caretaker ministry. The goal is to keep the church doors open, to continue in the form and substance that the church has practiced for generations. The second is an entrepreneurial ministry. The pastor and staff attend many seminars and conferences to discern the latest trends and techniques in ministry and bring them home to try out on their congregation. The third ministry is Christ-centered, and Christ-empowered, all for Jesus. In this ministry, the pastor casts a vision based on what Christ has revealed to the pastor when they had a holy encounter.

The Apostle Paul had a holy encounter with Christ when he was on the road to Damascus. Christ gave Paul a vision and a heart for the Gentiles, and Paul never deviated from the course Christ set for him.

My Takeaway: In my pastoral ministry, and in my ministry today, it was and now is my heart’s desire to be Christ-centered, and Christ-empowered, all for Jesus. I have not always achieved my goal, but as I read today of Paul’s passion, I renew my goal: Christ-centered, and Christ-empowered, all for Jesus.

Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

Copyright © 2017 by Alex M. Knight

Publications by Alex M. Knight:

·        Seeking the Life in Christ, Meditations on the New Testament and Psalms has been published and is now available at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle.

·        The second edition of  First Think – Then Pray is available on Amazon Kindle.

·        Meditations on The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ has been released as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: