Friday, October 21, 2011

Mark 1: 1-16-39

I made it all the way to verse 17 before something captured my attention. I laid down my Bible and pondered the question, “When did I hear Jesus call me to follow him?” I don’t mean my call to the itinerate ministry; When did I hear Jesus call me to be his follower, his disciple, a Christian?

I recall bits and pieces, starts and stops, youth groups and college classes. I recall a friend inviting me to church. I also remember a Sunday evening, alone, after I had been reading the New Testament. I sensed the presence of Christ in my life. I knew then I wanted to be his disciple. I knew he was calling me.

As I look back, I am thankful for all of the starts and stops, funerals and weddings. All of the places where I heard pits and pieces about Jesus and the love of God were important.

But, the most important day was when I heard Jesus call my name.
  
What does today’s reading
reveal to you about God?
What does it reveal to you about yourself?
Think about what God wants you to do
or remember about this passage.
Does God want you to change
anything in your life?


22-Oct-11     Mark 1:40-2:17

No comments: