Monday, December 19, 2011

Romans 16:17-27

At the end of each of my devotionals are three questions. These questions are designed to help you apply the scripture in your life. In doing so, these questions also help you realize that God, through the Holy Spirit, is speaking directly to you. Paul closes his letter with a caution not to put faith into the hands of other people. If, as Paul wrote in Romans 10:17, faith comes by hearing the Good News of Jesus Christ, the all teaching should be measured by how Christ centered it is. Paul emphasizes this point by closing this remarkable letter with an affirmation of praise: “All glory to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, forever. Amen.”

Paul’s benediction reminds me of Psalm 19: 14, “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” What if I would live my life, every day, every place I go, with this Psalm embedded in me so that at the end of each day I could say with a glad heart, “All glory to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, forever. Amen”

What word or phrase in these verses
attracts your attention?
Reflect on that word or phrase.
What insights come to you?
How does this passage touch your life today?

20-Dec-11     Philemon 1

No comments: