Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Man with Leprosy Came to Me



The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
November 8, 2012   A Man with Leprosy Came to Me
Page 77        Matthew 8:2-4; Mark 1:40-45; Luke 5:12-16

When Jesus healed the leper, he revealed his authority and power to instantly heal and make whole the lives of those who suffer. He also revealed that his mission to bring God’s Kingdom on earth turned everything upside down. The healing of the leper, who lived on the edge of Jewish culture, is an example of such upheaval.

In his preaching, Jesus described life in the Kingdom of God and invited all people to come and live under the reign of God. The healing of the leper makes it clear that when Jesus invites all people, he means ALL people. In Jesus’ Kingdom, we all, especially those now on the edge of human culture, are invited to sit at the head table.

Too often when churches want to grow their congregations, they see their sanctuary filled with more people, just like the people who are already present.  When that notion reflects the thinking in our churches, there is still much more that needs to be plowed under to make room for the Kingdom of God.

As I meditate on Jesus’ healing of the leper, I look at my life to see what God has turned upside down in me, because if there hasn’t been massive upheaval in my life, then I haven’t encountered the Kingdom of God.

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><
What word or phrase in today’s reading attracts your attention?
Reflect on that word or phrase.
What insights come to you?
How does this passage touch your life today?
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are available by email. Contact me at Amkrom812@gmail.com to be added to the email list.
This BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription

The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
Friday, November 09, 2012 Four Men Brought Their Paralyzed Friend to Me
Page 78        Matthew 9:1-8; Mark 2:1-12; Luke 5:17-26

No comments: