Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday, November 27, 2012



The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
Tuesday, November 27, 2012      I Raise a Child from the Dead     
Page 101      Luke 7:11-17

As I read of Jesus raising the young boy from the dead, my mind is flooded with recollections of God’s compassion and mercy for His people:

“You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book” (Psalm 56:8).

“The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning” (Lamentations 3:22-23).

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV).

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . . Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me . . . Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever (Psalm 23:1, 4, 6 KJV).

The story of Jesus raising the young boy from the dead stands in sharp contrast to the healing of the Centurion’s servant. Before sending forth his power to heal the servant, Jesus said “I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel!” (Matthew 8:10). However in today’s passage, no one spoke, or even acknowledged Jesus before he said, “Don’t cry!” to the woman. “Then he walked over to the coffin and touched it, and the bearers stopped. “Young man,” he said, “I tell you, get up” (Luke 7:14).

God knows our needs before we ask. When we are overwhelmed and cannot pray, the Holy Spirit intercedes and prays for us. (See Matthew 6:8 and Romans 8:26-29)

What is your greatest fear? Take a moment and concentrate on your fear. Feel your anxiety. Now, in your mind’s eye look up and see Jesus walking to you. See him sit next to you. With his presence so close to you, erase any preconceived notions you have about your fear. Drop any assumptions you may have about what Jesus may say about your fear, or what he may do. Sit quietly in his presence and allow yourself to hear the Spirit speak to your soul.


Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><
What word or phrase in today’s reading attracts your attention?
Reflect on that word or phrase.
What insights come to you?
How does this passage touch your life today?
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are available by email. Contact me at Amkrom812@gmail.com to be added to the email list.
This BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription


The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 I Testified Concerning John the Baptist  
Page 101-102         Matthew 11:2-19; Luke 7:18-35

No comments: