Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Healed the Sick & Spoke of a Great Harvest



The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
November 6, 2012   I Healed the Sick & Spoke of a Great Harvest
Page 75-76   Matthew 8:14-17; Mark 1:29-39; Luke 4:38-44, Matthew 9: 35-38

In the US we tend to ‘super-size’ everything. According to the National Association of Home Builders, the average home size in the United States was 2,700 square feet in 2009, up from 1,400 square feet in 1970. Comparatively, the average home size in the UK is approximately one-third those in the US. For most of the rest of the world, the homes are even smaller. In Capernaum there is a church built over the ruins of a home dating to the first century. Tradition holds that it could have been Peter’s home and I estimated that it has approximately 100 square feet of floor space. Great crowds of people came to Peter’s house when Jesus was healing the sick. When I was visiting churches in Cuba, our meetings were in small house-churches where we gathered to proclaim the Good News and pray for the people. Great crowds filled every space in the house and they stood four deep by the open doorways and windows. When people hear God may be at work, they come.

Jesus left Peter’s house and pressed on with his mission because he wanted to tell many others about the coming of God’s Kingdom. In speaking with his disciples, Jesus also makes clear that the work of proclaiming the Gospel and setting the people free is more than any one man, including the Messiah, can do. He instructs his disciples to “pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields” (Matthew 9:38). Because Jesus was preaching to the choir - the disciples were already with him, helping with the harvest – I believe our prayers for more workers will be ineffective until we have first prayed, “Here I am. Send me” (Isaiah 6:8).
                                                                        
Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><
What word or phrase in today’s reading attracts your attention?
Reflect on that word or phrase.
What insights come to you?
How does this passage touch your life today?
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are available by email. Contact me at Amkrom812@gmail.com to be added to the email list.
This BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription

The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
November 7, 2012   I Reminded My Disciples that They Would Fish for People 
Page 76-77  Luke 5:1-11

No comments: