Wednesday, March 21, 2012

John 9:35 - 10:18

NOTE: This BLOG, Seeking the Life in Christ, is now available for subscription from Amazon Kindle. At the Amazon Kindle store type Seeking the Life in Christ in the search field.

Jesus initiated the healing of the man blind from birth. The man didn’t ask to be healed and he made no confession of faith. There are indeed times when God takes the first step, where God goes where God has not been invited. God is sovereign and demonstrates His grace and power when and where He chooses.

As I noted when Jesus intervened in the case of the woman and the Pharisees in Chapter eight, when God demonstrates His grace a response is required. The man that was blind, after hearing Jesus’ affirmation that he was the Messiah chose to believe. The Pharisees chose to disbelieve.

I believe God reveals His grace and sovereign power each and every day. Our daily prayer can be as simple as, “Lord, give me eyes to see your hand at work.” When we see his hand we then get to choose whether we want to trust his heart or if we would rather stay blind.

As we ponder whether we really want to see God at work in our lives, and in our world, Jesus gives us his promise that he has come that we may have a rich and satisfying life. Jesus assures us that he knows our name. Jesus assures us that he can learn to know his voice; we can learn to distinguish his voice from all the noise of life.

Jesus, our Messiah, is different from every king that has ever lived. Our King is more interested in our lives than his own. Why would I want to follow any other voice?

Amazing Grace - My Chains Are Gone
(Selected Stanzas)

I once was lost,
but now I'm found
Was blind,
but now I see
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior
has ransomed me
And like a flood
His mercy rains
Unending love,
Amazing grace


What word or phrase in these verses
attracts your attention?
Reflect on that word or phrase.
What insights come to you?
How does this passage touch your life today?

22-Mar-12     John 10:19-42

No comments: