Monday, October 1, 2012

John 1:1-5, 10-14



The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ

Reading for   October 1, 2012      Page 3          John 1:1-5, 10-14

Today we begin reading, The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ. In this presentation, the Gospels are combined into one complete story, written in the first person singular. It may be helpful for you to compare today’s passage with your Bible. As an example, in the NLT, John 1:1-2 reads.

“In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God.”

Compare this to, The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ

“In the beginning I, the Word already existed. I was with God, and I was God. I was in the beginning with God.”

I am so looking forward to Jesus telling us the story of his life!

Jesus uses similar words to begin his story, as did the writer of the Book of Genesis: “In the beginning.” Jesus describes the very creative energy that God used to create the universe, as God’s Word. Word is not just words like we read in a book or hear a person speak. In the Bible, Word is the very essence of God. Jesus tells us he is God’s Word.

When John wrote his Gospel, he was very clear about why he wrote it: “that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name” (John 20:30). Jesus is just as clear in the opening lines of his own story, “But to all who believe me and accept me, I give the right to become children of God. They are reborn!” Jesus is talking to me and to you. As we read the story of his life, we are invited to believe and accept Jesus as God’s Son, and is so doing we are reborn as the children of God.

Perhaps you are reading this because you are interested in learning about Jesus. Perhaps you are new to your faith in Christ. Perhaps you have been following after Jesus for decades. Where ever you may be in this life we call faith, buckle-up and hold on. This is going to be fun!

Sē’lah

(If you haven’t purchased the book, I hope you will do so today. Of course, you can read along with us as I will post the scriptures we will be reading each week. However, I think you will receive a blessing to read about Jesus’ life in this first person account. This book can be purchased for $14.95 from Amazon.com. However, at this time the book is on sale directly from the publisher for $9.95. The publisher is Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. 1-800-228-2665 http://www.seedsowers.com/)

<><  <><  <><  <><
What word or phrase in today’s reading of the Psalms
 attracts your attention?
Reflect on that word or phrase.
What insights come to you?
How does this passage touch your life today?
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are available by email. Contact me at Amkrom812@gmail.com to be added to the email list.
This BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription

The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
Reading for   October 2, 2012      Page 9-10     Luke 1: 5-25

No comments: