Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My First Miracle



The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
October 24, 2012    My First Miracle      Page 51        Luke 3:23a; John 2:1-12

In yesterday’s reading Jesus invoked the story of Jacob’s ladder and the connection between heaven and earth. (Genesis 28) Heaven and earth coming together in the person of Jesus was demonstrated through the miracle at the wedding in Cana.

When I visited Cana, our group gathered in a garden chapel, and I had the honor of renewing the wedding vows of my friends Dan and Shelby. Then, Cheryl and I stood together as my friend Pastor Charlie renewed our wedding vows. My visit to the garden chapel reinforces what I see as the most compelling aspect of Jesus’ wedding miracle; the life of Jesus may be made visible in our bodies. (2 Corinthians 4:7-12)

The miracles of Jesus have been recorded in the Gospels “so that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through believing you may have life in his name” (John 20:31 NRSV). The thread running through all of Jesus’ miracles is that they all pertain to the normal ebb and flow of life. While some are very dramatic, such as raising the dead, most intersect the normal flow of life, such as weddings. For the followers of Jesus, heaven and earth come together within us: “Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27 NRSV).

Are you seeing any signs of Jesus the Messiah in the ordinary flow of your life? If so, do these signs cause you to believe, to trust Jesus?
                             
Sē’lah
<><  <><  <><  <><
What word or phrase in today’s reading attracts your attention?
Reflect on that word or phrase.
What insights come to you?
How does this passage touch your life today?
<><  <><  <><  <><
(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

These meditations are available by email. Contact me at Amkrom812@gmail.com to be added to the email list.
This BLOG is also available on Amazon Kindle, by subscription


The Story of My Life as told by Jesus Christ
(Seed Sowers Christian Book Publishing House. http://www.seedsowers.com/)
October 25, 2012    The First Passover in Jerusalem
I Cleared the Temple          Page 57        John 2:13-25

No comments: