Monday, May 29, 2023

Build Each Other Up

Meditations on Second Corinthians

NOTE: Today I conclude my meditations on Second Corinthians. Tomorrow, I will begin a series on the Apostle Paul’s magnificent letter to the Colossians.

                                                                 May 29, 2023

Build Each Other Up

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

2 Corinthians 13:14

Read: 2 Corinthians 13:11-14

Some translations combine portions of this passage. All the content is included, but only thirteen verses are numbered. Since I am using the New Living Translation, I am using their count of fourteen verses.

In this letter, Paul had to deal harshly with the Corinthian church. In the end, he chooses to edify the church:

“Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet each other with a sacred kiss. All of God’s people here send you their greetings.” (2 Corinthians 13:11-13)

My Takeaway: As I ended a teaching session at church a few weeks ago, I complimented the women who had prepared our supper. One of the women responded, “Thank you. You are so generous with your praise.” This interaction affirmed I was practicing Paul’s guidance to “Encourage each other.” (2 Corinthians 13:11)

Our journey through Second Corinthians has been very helpful to my spiritual growth. I hope and pray it was helpful to you as well.

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,

the love of God,

and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit

be with you all.

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2023 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: