Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Tenacity

Meditations on Second Corinthians

May 24, 2023

Tenacity

I will gladly spend myself and all I have for you, even though it seems that the more I love you, the less you love me.

2 Corinthians 12:15

Read: 2 Corinthians 12:11-18

Three points stand out to me in today’s reading.

First, Paul continued to press a theme he had followed throughout this letter: God approved his work as an apostle, as evidenced by signs and wonders and the fruit of his preaching the Good News.

Secondly, I am impressed by Paul’s tenacity. He thinks of the Corinthian Christians as his children, and he will never, ever give up on them. A lesser person would have cut their losses and moved on.

Thirdly, Paul does not return in kind the insults and defamations hurled at him by the false prophets. Paul maintained his integrity as a minister of God and was willing to make himself vulnerable before the Corinthians, and the false prophets.

My Takeaway: Jesus told his disciples, when he sent them out two by two, that there will be times to cut their losses and move on. The message of Paul is to make those times very rare.

Sē’lah

<><  <><  <><  <><

(Selah is a word that appears in the Book of Psalms that I often use as the Complimentary Closing in my correspondence. Its meaning, as I use the word, is to pause and think about these things.)

 

These meditations are written by Alex M. Knight as he seeks the life in Christ as his way of life.  The meditations are published on the BLOG, http://seekingthelifeinchrist.blogspot.com/ and they are also distributed on the Constant Contact email server. You may subscribe to this email service by sending an email to: amkrom812@gmail.com.

 

Copyright © 2023 by Alex M. Knight

 

Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments: