Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Luke 24{ 1-12

Luke’s account is as surprising for what he does say as it is for what he does not say. If I were telling the story I think I would have given great detail to the actual event – the resurrection. Luke says nothing. If I had been telling the story I think I would have been tempted to present the disciples as great men of faith receiving the good news they had expected; their master has risen just as he said he would. In Luke’s account no one expected Jesus’ resurrection, no one believed when first told and the first witnesses were women, not men. (In the world of the first century women were not deemed as creditable witnesses)

Maybe that is Luke’s aim at this point in the story. The first followers of Jesus were surprised and he wants us to have an opportunity to share in their surprise.

What word or phrase in these verses
attracts your attention?
Reflect on that word or phrase.
What insights come to you?
How does this passage touch your life today?

15-Feb-12     Luke 24:13-35

No comments: